Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Section 6: Getting an IDT Position and Succeeding at It

I am currently going through my Clinical Student Teaching and my last official day will be this Monday. I am enrolled in the Alternative Teacher Certification Program and due to the courses that I needed to take in this program I figured that I might as well finish up with a Master’s Degree in something. I chose Educational Technology – Leadership as my major because I believe it would be helpful in the future with instructional design and technology in secondary education and with the classrooms being integrated with technology to promote learning this could put me a step ahead in that direction. This program with allow me to use the 18 credit hours from the ATCP towards this master’s program and I wanted to take advantage of the situation at this time. I really don’t have any plans yet in this field but I have learned where it could take me if I choose to go. As for now my plans are to work as a coach or math teacher at the middle school level so I really couldn't tell you what type of organization or institution I would want to work in or even plan on working for in the near future. At point in time before and after I received my Bachelors Degree I wasn't certain then on what I really wanted to have as a career but as time moved on and I realized that for a long time I had been teaching others in a variety of setting, it became clear of what I needed to pursue as a career. Not everyone has the same objective in this course or degree program so, I hope that I am understood and that achievement of knowledge is something that we all pursue but use in different ways that satisfies ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment