Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Section 5: Trends and Issues in Various Setting

Pursuing a career in education was not a plan of mine during my first semester in college. I knew that I was good with my hands and fixing on anything that I could take apart and troubleshoot the problem. Even though I wasn't clear with my choice of career, it has lead me down a long path to find myself were I am today. It started back in the summer of 2010 were I made the decision in becoming a teacher and it’s been non-stop with chipping away at obtaining my new found passion. It has been a blessing for me to work with the group of students that I have this semester. They've taught me how to be a better teacher within this education setting. Even though I know all has not been learned, I will always be a student of evolution because as time changes and new developments arise I shall also adapt with it.

After reading over each of the different settings that incorporate instructional design and technology, it is the effectiveness and efficiency that it provides to each setting that I have learned is the connection to the success or disaster for any of the work settings. As most things start out it is the dependency of knowledge that is know to help advance any situation. Just as students grow up they learn through their environment and education system and when those are lacking the enriched knowledge that is needed, we tend to see the results of the low quality education that has been acquired. In all the different fields of careers that are out there they all have one thing in common and that’s the needs of effective and quick training. As the world evolves into these technology drive nation, saving time to delivery proper training is what has been a techniques to quickly place people into their career or advance them to the top. We all know that education has taken a turn for the best and instructional design and technology plays a big part of the success in learning and keeping our next generation in this global technology race. Just as they need to keep up so do we as teachers and the training that we receive needs to be effective and efficient. Independent School Districts already have a touch time with budgets for each school so enhancing training effectiveness and efficiency plays a big role in helping keep cost down. By using technology to reduce training time that is required and more refined evaluation techniques to guarantee training effectiveness, the need for retraining is avoided which also saves time in the training delivery. This concept of enhancing training effectiveness and efficiency can also be applied in education in a variety of situations that can benefit from it. Through technology training administration, teachers and auxiliary professional personnel has proven that the effectiveness and efficiency of their training can provide a better enrichment of learning for students. This then explains why instructional design and technology is being incorporated in the classroom because of the effectiveness and efficiency that it has on the learning development.

No comments:

Post a Comment